Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Day 26 - "Birthdays", Photos, and Fantasy Football




Happy three months of being alive Ellie!  And a hearty congratulations to me, myself, and I for keeping her alive all of this time.  Seriously Jesse, job well done.  There's no bonus coming your way but keep up the good work all of the same.  That's ok though.  In all seriousness, it's pretty nuts to think about just how fast the first three months of her life have gone.  People always say, "Make sure you enjoy every moment.  It'll go too fast."  I always kind of just thought that was one of those things that people just say because, well, because people just say things sometimes.  You know?  But alas, it is going relatively quick.  I'm already a month and a half into this whole stay-at-home dad gig which is crazy in itself.  

One of our little traditions each month involves taking a picture of Ellie in two separate places.  One being on a soft brown blanket and the other being in a big, brown chair.  Before you ask, no, I was not an UPS driver in a former life.  I think that the reason for having these photos on brown backgrounds is because it provides great contrast for whatever she's wearing at the time.  The first couple of months of her life, Ellie had her monthly picture taken in a light green onesie.  Accented her pale complexion and blonde hair nicely.  All that jazz.  


Well, this month she had outgrown it and had to change her wardrobe a bit.  Since I was at home today, I decided to mix it up a bit.  My choice, neon yellow complete with pink flamingo on the side.  Next time we have a power outage, I know what Ellie's going to be wearing.  Photos are always fun, especially if Ellie's in a good mood.  She's not exactly Derek Zoolander when it comes to taking direction from the cameraman.  Me getting good shots involves a lot of noises and silly faces to get her attention.  So largely what I do whenever I'm in a conversation with any of my friends.  



After pictures, Ellie and I sat down for some good father-daughter bonding before her next nap.  One thing that I've been told over and over is that it's very important to talk to your baby.  The problem is that I don't really know what to talk to Ellie about so I just talk about whatever I'm doing.  At this moment, I was dissecting potential waiver choices for my fantasy football league.  I have played with the same group of guys since I was in college.  Nothing on the line but bragging rights and as the defending champion, I intend to keep those all to myself.  Now starting the season with three straight losses has brought me to the point where it's time to unleash my secret weapon.  That's right, my daughter: the fantasy prognosticator!  Now, I realize that Ellie may not have the experience yet, but she's a very lucky baby.  After all, she does have me for a dad!  After some intense back and forth, pouring over the stats together, Ellie and I came to a consensus on whom to pick.  Now, I don't know how much she knew what I was saying, but she really does enjoy the time with me engaging her in any kind of conversation.  Even if no one in the world cares about anyone else's fantasy football team.  #DaddyWrite 





No comments:

Post a Comment